I founded JAX Decor & Design in 2009. With a long-time love and passion for decorating, I decided it was time to pursue my dream of becoming a full-time decorator. My decorating accomplishments include:
- 2008: Appearance on an episode of Rate My Space on HGTV US.
- 2010: Won the Home Office category in Design Trade's Give Us Your Best Shot II competition.
- 2010: Staged a home for an episode of All For Nothing on the W Network.
Good question! JAX is an acronym with a few meanings. It's the nickname for my Catahoula Leopard Dog, Jackson. It's also a play on the names of the dogs I've had - Jackson, Carbo, Kylie, and Squirt (JCKS). And JA are the first two letters of my last name. Plus it's just a cool word!
These are the decorating services I offer. Don't see what you're looking for?? Drop me a line or leave me a comment below and let me know what you need.
During this two hour on-site meeting, we'll look at and discuss the rooms that you want to redecorate or renovate. I'll take all your requirements as well as your likes and dislikes, and put together a complete decorating plan for you.
The easiest and most economical way to update a room is by changing the wall colour. Based on lighting, adjoining spaces, and function, I'll select wall, ceiling, and trim colours for any room in your house.
I'll help you make the big sale by working with what you have to turn your house from unsellable to unforgetable. Fee includes complete walk-through inside and out and a detailed report outlining staging plan.. Additional fee to execute the staging plan.
The following decorating services are available individually or as part of a complete room or home makeover.
- Finish selections Building a new home or renovating your current home and feeling overwhelmed? I'll recommend the best flooring, lighting, cabinet, and trim options for the overall look that you want to achieve.
- Furniture and upholstery It's important that your furniture is the right scale and style for the room.This can be as simple as reupholstering or re-staining furniture that you already have.
- Space planning Sometimes a different furniture arrangement is all you need to make a room feel bigger and more comfortable, and to improve traffic flow through your home.
- Window treatments An important element in any room, window treatments are both decorative and functional. Privacy and light control requirements help dictate what will work best on your windows.
If you don't live in the National Capital Region, or if you want to do the work yourself but need a plan, then JAX-in-the-Box is for you! Service includes a detailed floor plan with furniture layout, suggestions for fabrics, window treatments, furniture, paint colours, and flooring, as well as supplier recommendations. All wrapped up in a box that's delivered to your front door.
Please contact me at kelly@JAXdecor.ca for more information on available packages and my rates.